Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holmenkollen Park Hotel  

Move from Oslo town to the mountain area today and this is the only hotel there.


View from my room on 2nd floor. The entire city is in view, stunning.


Sunset (view from room)...



This hotel is ridiculous. I tried to go for lunch on a lonely afternoon and the only restaurant (which serves breakfast) open is not serving lunch. I understand there is a conference going on but how can a hotel not serve lunch??? I'd asked for the lunch menu and they just say sorry, they don't serve lunch as they have sandwiches prepared for the conference attendees!!! What about the tourist guests???

I am astonished by the service as this is a well established and famous hotel in Oslo. No restaurant, no cafe, no room service (only starts at 4pm) and I am starving. I can't go to the city just for lunch as taxi ride (no train) costs about SGD100!!!

I end up crunching chocolates in the room.

*mental note : no more mountain accommodation in Oslo*

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories